For high achieving students the UNSW Co-op Program offers an ideal combination of challenge and opportunity.
For the students, a UNSW Co-op Scholarship provides:
- $16,750 pa* for every year of study
- Between 9 and 18 months of relevant industry training with up to four different companies during your degree
- The opportunity to experience the sort of work you might be doing as a graduate in the field and to assess/be assessed by a number of potential employers
- A Co-op Academic Co-ordinator that can offer advice and support throughout your degree
- Professional development & leadership training during your degree
- Opportunities to network with leading employers and make valuable contacts within your industry
- A social network of friends that can support you through university and last a lifetime
* Scholarships pay $16,750 per year over 4 years for Business degrees and 5 years for most Engineering and Science degrees. See specific programs of study for more detail.
If you are selected to be a UNSW Co-op scholar, you join the largest and most prestigious co-operative scholarship program of its type in Australia. The 3-way partnership between UNSW, Australia's leading companies and high achieving students now offers 24 programs and continues to grow.
"The Co-op Program is fantastic! I was able to have a taste of different work environments and career paths before actually choosing where I wanted to go. It gave me a huge advantage when competing with other graduates when applying for jobs."
Yiling Cheah, Co-op Program Graduate, Actuarial Studies, 2008
"It's a really good way to combine work and uni together to give you a headstart on your career when you graduate. The extra year on your degree is more than worth it and the experience puts you in a much better position to decide what career path you'd like to take."
Samantha Dransfield, Co-op Program Graduate, Mechanical Engineering, 2008
"I believe what sets the Co-op Program apart from other degrees is the work experience. The exposure and opportunities you are given are simply invaluable for anyone who wishes to enter the professional environment. You learn from experienced and well-regarded practitioners, and you are able to begin building your professional network."
Kat Liao, Co-op Program Graduate, Finance, 2008